|Travel to us
The Allgau is situated at the furthermost corner of South West Germany and shares the countries’ border with the Austrian Tirol. The main towns are Sonthofen (Alpine town of the year in 2005), Immenstadt (rail hub for the area), and winter Olympic town of Oberstdorf, famous for ski jumping and Nordic skiing.
Munich and Stuttgart are situated 2 hours northeast and north west respectively with Innsbruck in Austria 2 hours to the southeast over stunning mountain passes.
Airlines below fly from a variety of airports across the UK, the closest airport being Memmigen at 40mins away. Stuttgart, Munich and Innsbruck are all roughly 2hrs drive, with both Stuttgart and Munich airports served with an efficient rail link.
• Ryan air flies into Memmingen only 40mins away, from Edinburgh, Dublin and Stanstead www.ryanair.com
• Easyjet into Munich and Innsbruck (2hrs drive) www.easyjet.com
• TUI fly to Stuttgart (2hrs drive) www.tuifly.com
• Both Stuttgart & Munich receive flights from the UK with BA, www.britishairways.com and Lufthansa, www.lufthansa.de (Train service from each 2.5hrs)
• Other airlines servicing the area from UK airports are German wings, www.germanwings.com Air Berlin, www.airberlin.com Airlingus www.airlingus.com
We can also arrange an airport pickup or drop-off if required although an additional charge for this service will apply.
• DFDS run overnight ferries from Newcastle to Amsterdam (8-10hrs drive to the allgau), arriving at 9am in Amsterdam after sleep onboard in a cabin. www.dfds.co.uk
• Seafrance, www.seafrance.com and P&O, www.poferries.com run crossing of 1.5hrs, every 2-3hours from Dover to Calais (10-12hr drive to the allgau).
• The Channel Tunnel, www.eurotunnel.com runs every half hour- 3hrs depending on time of day, from Folkestone to Calais (10-12hr Drive). The crossing takes 20-30mins.
• P&O also run overnight ferries from Hull to Rotterdam (8-10hr drive), arriving at 9am in Rotterdam. www.poferries.com
• Superfast ferries run a longer overnight route, Rosyth (Edinburgh) to Zeebrugge (10-12hr drive), arriving in Zeebrugge at midday. www.ferryreservations.co.uk
Trains Buses & Car hire
Trains run reliably and normally on time in Germany as you might imagine. With rail and Bus links from each airport to Immenstadt or Sonthofen, schedules and tickets can be checked and bought online or in country at the station. www.bahn.de